Introducing the Indiana School’s Educational Service Center (ISESC) Risk Management Program
MGU and wholesaler Caitlin Morgan Insurance Services established the Indiana School’s Educational Service Center (ISESC) Risk Management Program, a self-insured Trust to help public schools in the state address volatile commercial Workers’ Compensation premiums and contain their costs. Formed in 2006, ISESC is the oldest school self-insured Workers’ Compensation program in Indiana with current membership at 22 schools and two service centers.
The ISESC program is available to appointed local independent insurance agents and brokers that write or market to public schools in Indiana, providing an alternative proven option for insureds to mitigate risk while saving money. ISESC offers the following advantages and benefits:
- Long-term cost savings – between 15-20% annually over traditional commercial insurance
- Control over dollars spent on Workers’ Compensation insurance
- Elimination of commercial insurance companies pricing swings
- Ability to earn and retain investment income
- Lower expenses than commercial insurance and historically lower than any national program administrator
- Access to administrator services provided by an Indiana-based company with 100% of its service staff located in the state
- Mitigation of risk and lower claims costs through robust loss prevention
- The strength of historical data indicating self-insurance program member retention is over 90%
- Built-in protection with A+ rated insurance carrier
How ISESC Works?
The ISESC Risk Management Program is a reinsurance structure that allows individual school corporations to enter into this group without the required collateral for self-insurance, and protects them at the top end based on their size. The structured reinsurance through Midwest Employers Casualty Company (MECC) caps the annual exposure to loss for each school. MECC focuses exclusively on providing Workers’ Compensation Excess insurance products to individual employers and groups across the country.
ISESC’s claims are administered by Brentwood Services Administrators, Inc., a leading provider of third party administration claims services for self-insured and large-deductible clients for almost 20 years. Loss prevention is provided by Reed Environmental, a comprehensive occupational health and safety consulting firm that specializes in the application of quantifiable best practices from engineering and design to help both private and public sector organizations proactively manage their operational risks.